Your Hospice Team
With Unity Hospice Care, we provide an entire team of professionals to assist both the patient and family during the hospice stay. Your hospice team includes:
- Hospice Medical Director
- Nurse Practitioner
- Hospice Aide
- Social Worker
- Bereavement Counselor
- The nurse manages your care and works with your doctor to develop your plan of care.
- Works with you and your family to relieve pain and other symptoms.
- Teaches you and your family about your disease and what to expect.
- Teaches you about medicines and ways to increase comfort.
- Stays in contact with your doctor and follows your doctor’s orders.
If you need help with your personal care your nurse will assign you a Hospice Aide. They are specially trained to help provide you with:
Bathing, shaving, skin and mouth care
The Social Worker’s role is to assess the needs of patients, caregiver and family. Their focus is on how Unity can best serve you. They provide:
- Counseling and emotional support to you and your family about illness, death and grief.
- Information about community resources.
- Assist with Advanced Directives (such as a Living Will and Power of Attorney).
- Arrange nursing home or respite placements.
- Assist with funeral arrangements if needed.
- Assist individuals experiencing living arrangements and financial difficulties.
The Chaplain provides spiritual care to you and your family, respecting your spiritual, religious beliefs and traditions. Your Chaplain is an ordained minister.
Counseling staff are a